If you have a chronic illness or chronic pain, tell me what makes your flares more bearable. If you love someone with chronic illness/pain, these things might be good ideas for gifts or ways you can reach out to someone around you.
1. Fresh Flowers -- It's harder for me to get out when I'm flared. Fresh flowers remind me of life, bring some of nature's beauty inside, and brighten my spirits.
2. Juice, Bottled Water, Gatorade -- Pain and fever can make me nauseated and effect my appetite. When I'm in a flare, it's great to have a variety of cold drinks.
3. Clean Sheets -- I spend more time in bed than usual, and fresh clean sheets just make everything better.
4. Plenty of PJs -- Once in a while a new pair is a treat.
5. Heating Pads & Pillows -- If I could choose only one thing to get me through my flares, it would be this heating pad, which is electric, and has a timer and temperature controller.
6. Slippers -- I can't walk around without slippers or special shoes without my feet really hurting.
7. Entertainment -- Books from the library, music, magazines, DVDs or Netflix, blogs. Something to help pass the time and distract me from the pain is fantastic. I gravitate toward serious things usually, but am learning the value of a good laugh. As they say, laughter is the best medicine.
8. Lotion, Epsom Salts, Bubble Bath, Lip Gloss -- I've never appreciated pampering things more.
9. Snail Mail -- A card in my mailbox makes me happy. A care package would make me turn cartwheels, if I could do things like that. :-)
10. Easy, Nutritious Food -- Soup, salads, sandwiches, yogurt. Easy to prepare or already prepared, light, and not spicy.
Do you have pain or chronic illness? Tell me what makes your flares more bearable.