11.11.2009

Remembering Our Heroes...

Almost seven years ago, my beloved grandmother died. She was young; her death was sudden and unexpected. Today is her birthday.

She loved God and she loved people, and her life reflected it. She prayed fervently for me, and all of the members of our family every day. She did her best not to judge. She used her time to be a friend, her hands to serve (even if it meant scrubbing toilets or doing dishes), her voice to encourage; her home to offer hospitality. She touched hundreds of lives.

So along with the men and women, past and present, who have served, honored, and defended our country, I remember and pay tribute to my Grandma Lonnie, one of my personal heroes.

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to see her again. And I am so thankful I got to spend those years living near her in Idaho. What fun memories I have of spending time at her house with her and Bud.

    ReplyDelete

I value your comments. Thank you for taking the time to leave one.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...