2.24.2012

Make My Words a Blessing


This is the prayer I prayed today as I drove through heavy rain: "Please bless my efforts. Make my words a blessing."

As a teenager I was sent by my school to a Young Writer's Conference. That was the last time I've been to a writing conference. Until now. I am blogging from a hotel room tonight, and will attend a writer's conference tomorrow. This is a dream come true for me.

Lately my health has been worse. I was recently in a flare-up for a few weeks that was pretty scary. It felt so severe that I wasn't sure if it was just a flare, or if my disease had progressed and this was the "new normal." I was having nerve pain in my leg, my hip was flared and I was having great difficulty walking. I was running fevers most of the time and was a level of tired I can't describe. I scheduled an appointment with my doctor.

My husband bought me a cane. I began to worry that this was how I would get around now, by using a cane.

Thankfully, the flare has calmed down. My hip is back to bearable now. I can walk better again, and haven't been using the cane. But I am still unbearably exhausted.

I'll be seeing my doctor next week, but wanted to catch you up on why I haven't been blogging lately, let you know what you can pray for, and thank you, as ever, for walking alongside me on my journey.

I am extremely tired tonight and plan to turn in early so that I can enjoy my big day tomorrow.

What is your prayer these days? Is there something you'd like me to include in my prayers?

14 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you get to be there, Jenn. I wish you inspiring meetings and tasty food and cozy productive writing time, and as little pain and stiffness as possible.

    Here's the condensed version:
    Dear God, Please be with my beloved friend Jenn this weekend. Thank You that she has this opportunity! Bless her with words, so that her words might be a blessing. Bless her with process and rest and Your peace, and bring her safely home again. Thank You. Amen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh happy day! I am so glad you are able to participate in this conference. Isn't it wonderful to feed our passions?

    You will definitely be in my healing thoughts and I appreciate that she shared with us so we can include you in our thoughts and prayers.

    I have two teenagers. I love them dearly but also find mothering to be a new experience all of the sudden. Each day I ask to be a mother that respects their individual needs and wants while also respecting who I am and my own individual gifts to give them. Life is never easy it seems.

    I am always filled with contentment after reading your blog. I know there is a lot of love happening at your home and it shines through in your writing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. TThanks for sharing Jenn. You amaze me!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praying for you today! My prayer these days is that I would find hope on God's terms. I have FMS and Interstitial Cystitis. Chronic pain can feel hopeless sometimes. Your blog has brought me hope by showing me how to be a faithful woman in the midst of what sometimes seems a hopeless situation. Thank you and God bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was great meeting you at OCW! I also have a chronic illness. I'll enjoy following your blog, and hearing how the Lord is carrying you through day by day. Can't do it without Him,can we?!

    Bethany
    www.CapacityCorner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad to meet you, Bethany! Wow, what a story you have. I look forward to hearing more. He is our perfect strength in weakness!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Lisa, I know how the pain can wear a person down, fray us from the edges in. I know how very hopeless life can feel sometimes. I am grateful that we are not on this journey alone. There are so many of us to walk this path together. And He promises to never leave our side... to comfort us with singing when we hurt, to save us, to heal us, even if only One Day.

    Thank you for being here and for your comment. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cathy, your words bless me. There is a lot of love in our home, that's true, and that's the one thing I try to keep consistent and strong, even when I am feeling weak.

    Thank you for your kind thoughts & for rejoicing with me for the conference opportunity. It was good!

    I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers as you transition to mothering teenagers. I know you are a good mom and that your kids are blessed to have you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you, Wendy, and thank you for the other prayers I know you prayed. I am thankful for the blessing of you and so many other uplifting women in my life.

    ReplyDelete
  10. My husband has chonic pain and on-going health issues. It encourages me to hear from someone who knows how he feels so much of the time.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you, Peggy. It's nice to have you here, you are an encouragement to me.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm so sorry to hear how bad things got. Know that I am here for you. Just a call, text, private message away. Always praying for and with you!

    ReplyDelete

I value your comments. Thank you for taking the time to leave one.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...