4.14.2010

His & Hers

Yesterday my mom took the girls to her house for a sleepover. The girls were really excited to be with Grammy. We packed their tiny backpack/suitcases and gathered favorite stuffed friends & toothbrushes.

After they were off to her house, I took a loaf of hot cinnamon raisin bread out of the bread machine, loaded the dishwasher, and folded two loads of laundry. I listened to Pandora and enjoyed the quiet house.

When Jonathan got home from work, we drove out to the lighthouse and enjoyed walking & talking. We sipped Starbucks' beverages on the drive there and back. Jonathan made amazing hot toasted sandwiches on Artisan bread and we enjoyed dinner while watching a movie in the comfort of our own living room. We paused the movie to brew tea & serve up slices of bakery tiramisu.

No bedtimes. No baths. No dirty floor after little girl supper.

Just us.

His & Hers mugs of steaming black tea.
His & Hers laptops with His & Hers headphones.
His & Hers notebooks.
His & Hers pillows.
His & Hers dreams.

2 comments:

  1. It sounds quite blissful, and I'm glad you got some rejuvenation time! I love the pictures of Natalie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh that sounds lovely! I'm jealous, especially as I sit staring at a huge pile of crumbs under my table:) I'm just catching up here, and want to go back and read the link to your art story.

    ReplyDelete

I value your comments. Thank you for taking the time to leave one.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...