11.04.2011

Relearning to Simplify


"The average woman today, I believe, would do well to appraise her interests, evaluate the activities in which she is engaged, and then take steps to simplify her life, putting things of first importance first, placing emphasis where the rewards will be greatest and most enduring, and ridding herself of the less rewarding activities."
{Belle S. Spafford}

I believe that in order to live a life of balance and joy, we must determine what our priorities are and then guard the space around them, so that we can attend to them well. 

My main priorities are my marriage, my faith, my daughters, my home and home life, my family, friends and community, writing, journaling and Live Art.fully. These are the things and people I live for. They comprise such a full life that I must be careful to limit the other areas where I expend energy.

I am relearning this week how to safeguard my time and energy so that I can live and love better.

What are your priorities? What measures do you take to safeguard them?

2 comments:

  1. My priorities are always greater than my energy. Since, as Bill Nye the Science Guy says, kinetic energy can never be greater that potential energy, this issue is always a struggle for me. Basically it boils down to this: I do what I can, and then do my best to let the rest go. Which is never as easy to do as it is to say. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My God, my girls, my husband, schooling, my home...but within those categories are levels of priority :) Nothing like being a list girl...

    To guard is to be intentional in your expense...I love that you are working to safeguard what is important to you.

    Prayers for you this week, that energy goes up and other things fall off a bit...A soft hug to you, dear one.

    ReplyDelete

I value your comments. Thank you for taking the time to leave one.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...