1.22.2011

One Thousand Gifts: My Review


Received and started reading Ann Voskamp's new book One Thousand Gifts today. Now, 100 pages in, I laugh from spontaneous joy, I gulp down the lump in my throat forming from the reminders of hard times, and I feel my eyes being opened in a new way. A way that is so clear I wonder how I have missed it all along.


Ann Voskamp's book is a series of revelations. If you have ever struggled over God's plan in loss and pain, wondered how to find happiness in the mundane, or searched for the keys to slow down amidst schedules and stress, this book is for you.


Don't miss it!

-----

Don't know Ann? Ann writes the blog A Holy Experience, is a regular contributor on DaySpring's site, (in)courage, is wife to a farmer and homeschooling mother of 6. You'll love her heart and this gift of a book!

5 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great book! Nice picture on the front of it too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm hoping to get to read this in the next couple months. Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're quite welcome, Susan Beth!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is an extremely very Jenn cover, and I love how it matches your Bible. :-)

    ReplyDelete

I value your comments. Thank you for taking the time to leave one.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...