3.21.2010

Detailed Journaling

“Life is full of beauty. Notice it. Notice the bumble bee, the small child, and the smiling faces. Smell the rain, and feel the wind. Live your life to the fullest potential, and fight for your dreams.”
-- Ashley Smith



What I love about this quote is the reminder to notice the details. I always use a lot of detail in my journal entries, as that's what makes the story come alive, and what makes it easy to remember when re-reading.

Next time you write, include DETAIL from each of the 5 Senses -- what did you hear, smell, see, taste, touch/feel? Include food, colors, weather, sensations, music or sounds and watch your writing come alive.

4 comments:

  1. Detail: the photograph contains approximately three years of Jenn's journals. :-)

    I do like the quote, and the reminder is helpful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the quote at the top. Love it!!!

    Could I borrow it some time?

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love to journal. i have since i was 14! (although i have a diary that dates back to 1982, when i was 9).

    i am giving away a covered notebook (journal) at my blog today. come enter the give away!

    ReplyDelete

I value your comments. Thank you for taking the time to leave one.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...